WHAT IS THIS???

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so this thing is stuck on the inside of my tank’s glass. I have no clue where it came from and I have never seen it until just now, today. It moves with the flow of the water, but it doesn’t move locations. It’s just stuck in one place. Please someone tell me what this is, because I have nothing else in my tank that looks anything like this. I also did not add anything new to the tank and I haven’t made any changes, other than removing two dead snails yesterday.
I currently have a cyano outbreak and a lot of pests, but I’m working towards a complete restart. I’ve only had the tank for about a month, but I got it preowned, from my dad who bought it off some lady. Here’s some pictures of it from different angles - above, below, left, & right.

665444C4-D0EC-4740-8925-A8309AF85F7E.jpeg F78885B4-A87A-43A1-BC4A-A76232C3C43C.jpeg 8CA92256-AE6D-429D-BB65-97BC66491555.jpeg 6D50A7AD-E8BA-4ED2-B980-A577FB3C10C5.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
unusual location but aptasia
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

OP
OP
SaltyShel

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia? Bleached out
So I’m not sure about that cause for the past few days I never saw it and my tank lights have been turned off to only the really dark blue light strip I have in my biocube so idk how it would’ve been bleached out. Plus all the other aiptasia are fine and most of them are much closer to the lights

OP
OP
SaltyShel

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replying to everyone who commented: How would it be aiptasia though, is what I’m wondering. I’m not worried about removing it cause I know I can easily do that, but it’s just the fact that I don’t understand how it could’ve possibly grown there. Especially with no crevice or hole to place it’s foot, and all the baby aiptasia growing on my rocks, some are even smaller, look nothing like this. Like the small aiptasia are still tan and they have a longer skinny stem with a super small head and the little fingers that come out of it’s head are small and skinny. I originally thought it was aiptasia but looks nothing like the aiptasia in my tank, and they all look the same. I havent introduced anything new so it’s not like I have a different species of it growing and causing that new thing on the glass.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are like nems they can walk. Most likely let loose from a spot where ut wasn’t getting light. That’s why it doesn’t have color from lack of light not too much light. Considering you know you have aptasia then I know that’s what it is. They multiply like crazy and can take over your tank unless you try to eradicate them. Good luck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back