Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_480345639654502.jpeg

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does not look to happy. What lights are you running? Do you use tap water for your water changes/top offs? Have you tested your water recently? What is your salinity, Alk, calcium, nitrates, phosphates?

OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have a marine test kit yet i only know the salinity is spot on all the time. The light is a led that came with the 46l arc tank so i thought the light was to weak formmy guess. But the tank is new nearly 4months cycled all the other corals are thriving and fully extended. I use tap water and chlorine neutralizer for water changed i do like 25 to 30 % water change.

OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last 2 days hes continously moving up the tank does that mean hes wanting moore light?

JacobPF14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry im new to the site and its my first nano reef tank set up.
Honestly, might be an issue with tap water and to strong of a light. I'd bring water to a LFS that can test your water, that nem is not happy. I know that with my tap has caused issues in the past, RODI for life... lol

OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, might be an issue with tap water and to strong of a light. I'd bring water to a LFS that can test your water, that nem is not happy. I know that with my tap has caused issues in the past, RODI for life... lol
Okay thank you for the info may i ask how do you mix your rodi water

JacobPF14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you for the info may i ask how do you mix your rodi water

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have a marine test kit yet i only know the salinity is spot on all the time. The light is a led that came with the 46l arc tank so i thought the light was to weak formmy guess. But the tank is new nearly 4months cycled all the other corals are thriving and fully extended. I use tap water and chlorine neutralizer for water changed i do like 25 to 30 % water change.

This right here sums up all of your current issues. Not having test kits and using tap water. I wouldn't add any more livestock until both of these are no longer true. Tap water can be full of things designed to kill everything in your tank. Without the test kits and RoDi those things are just increasing with every water change making the problem worse.

JacobPF14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This right here sums up all of your current issues. Not having test kits and using tap water. I wouldn't add any more livestock until both of these are no longer true. Tap water can be full of things designed to kill everything in your tank. Without the test kits and RoDi those things are just increasing with every water change making the problem worse.
Agree, I'd go to the LFS and get saltwater mixed from them if it's available. At least until you can solve both of your problems. Test kits are a must, go get some.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, I'd go to the LFS and get saltwater mixed from them if it's available. At least until you can solve both of your problems. Test kits are a must, go get some.
Don't buy the API test kits either. Get salifert. At least ph, no3, kh/alk and po4 tests

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light could be too strong since it's in corner of the tank it might be moving to find places with less light. It might be so strong that it's literally frying it. Maybe not though, just make sure that you have live rock so it can move around
Very unlikely. Anemones love light and require strong lightning. They do great under 400 watt metal halides high in the rocks. If they were getting to much they can retract into or under the rock work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back