What is wrong with my Soft Coral(s) ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fred5612
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fred5612

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My soft corals haven’t been doing so well, very strange considering my LPS are doing great. They close all the time, then they might open for a day or two and then close again, they are constantly shedding their skin. Today I noticed one of my Softies closed up and looking like the picture...My Parameters are good, I do weekly 10% water changes, my fish are 100% reef safe and healthy, why.

1DF81107-5F19-4AA6-B4BF-0E53720BA959.jpeg
 
I had that same problem when I added my xenia. You most likely have low to no available nutrients in your water, which simply means you take care of your tank. Try feeding a bit more, things should get better. My xenia basically dissolved completely, and it regrew like a phoenix and went from 0 to like 8 heads in a few months. From nothing.
Raise nutrients and you should be good.
 
Thank you for the advice, maybe I can start feeding reef roids? I have them available.
 
How is the flow where your soft corals are?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new