What is your favorite Phos or Carb reactor setup ?

Hammmerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a new carbon and phos setup since I am using my old set up on a QT tank. Looking for something reasonably priced and that can handle 150 gal. tank. I have not bought many in the past and wanted to see who liked what the best. Thanks Friends

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my normal phosban rex, but i would love to see some one's reasoning behind why they like a lets say deltec which is 3 times the price.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for the bulk reef supply, i dont like them very much due to you can not see whats going on inside the rex very well compaired to a phosban150.

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a deltec FR509, a phosban 150, and a dual BRS. I like the dual BRS the best. The deltec is nice and well made but is basically just a big phosban reactor. I run Ecobac in my phosban on my smaller tank and NP Biopellets on my big tank in the deltec. The BRS runs carbon and GFO. I have spare media chambers for the BRS and when I want to change media I just swap cartridges, nice and easy.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hell I like the viaAqua. screw on top has much less leak issues than the phosban which are notorious leakers, it comes with adjustable flow pump and ALL plumbing needed to hook up, works just like any other cylinder with a tube down the middle and plates and cost less. Its only drawback is its smaller which is a plus for me as I've never even filled it half full and its outside the sump so it takes up less space.

SPStoner

Cavs Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the Schuran Multifilter, and it is by far the best I have used. It is built like a brick "poop" house, and holds close to 6 cups of media. I really do not like the BRS. I have the deluxe model, and I don't like how little media it holds compared to my Schuran, and, at least in my system, it clogged up noticeably in about 3 days. A real PITA for me to be opening it up every 3-5 days to rinse the sponges. My Schuran has sponges, too, but they are less dense. I'm guessing part of it could be that I dose kalk, which tends to clog sponges, filter socks, etc, but I never have a problem with the Schuran. is it expensive and hard to find? Heck yeah, but the little to no maintenance, to me, makes it worth every penny. I like that it is an "in-sump" unit, too.

I have used the PhosBan reactor in the past, and while I had no trouble with it's functionality, I didn't like that it had to hang off the sump.

Here's a not so good picture of it...
DSCN5686.jpg

OP
OP
Hammmerhead

Hammmerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with a Nextreef MR 1. It looked really solid and priced right.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from Warner Marine. Nice unit, if you need one with a pump attached to it.

Back