What is your favorite Trigger?

Frozn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Blue Throat, but i love Cross Hatch.

The golden heart is super fly tho, never seen 1 before.

20160821_205521.jpg

20160821_205522.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are all so awesome, of all time for me the niger also; I had one with the coolest red teeth I called him Drac. My 1st tank 30 years ago was a niger, humu, and undulated; and yes I loved that undulated also. I've had most except for a crosshatch, goldenback, goldheart, and titan. I presently have a pinktail and pair of bluejaws and on any given day the pinktail is my fav; one of the most vividly colored I've seen and wickedly interesting personality. I'm excited because my 3 babies, now about 1.5-1.75" are going into their bigger home in a few weeks; a clown, blueline, and niger. So the babies are awesome also, they are like little puppy dogs.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown and niger trigger also file fish

IMG_4515.JPG

Last edited:

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are all so awesome, of all time for me the niger also; I had one with the coolest red teeth I called him Drac. My 1st tank 30 years ago was a niger, humu, and undulated; and yes I loved that undulated also. I've had most except for a crosshatch, goldenback, goldheart, and titan. I presently have a pinktail and pair of bluejaws and on any given day the pinktail is my fav; one of the most vividly colored I've seen and wickedly interesting personality. I'm excited because my 3 babies, now about 1.5-1.75" are going into their bigger home in a few weeks; a clown, blueline, and niger. So the babies are awesome also, they are like little puppy dogs.

My first 3 were the same! I had a pink tail as well. Was my fave fish. They are quite docile and very responsive pets. Much like a swimming dog lol

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen an ugly triggerfish . . . even the gray triggers at the public aquarium are beautiful in their way - unless you're in the tank with 'em!

I've always loved the inky blues and greens of the niger, but as I have a smaller tank that guy was off limits to me. When I spotted a blue-jaw male sporting his blue cheeks and yellow fin-edges at my local Petco, I went home, did some reading - went back to the shop and pounced. (A couple of weeks later, I also bought a bigger tank!) The blue-jaw has been in my QT for about three weeks so far, and has been through a bout of ich. His fins have changed from the crisp, brilliant yellow to orange-brown edgings, and his body has faded from the crisp blue-gray of a male to the more brownish gray of a female, though with the blue patches showing through on either side of his jaw. (I've read descriptions of this happening to blue-jaws before, but never read whether they retained the female colors, or reverted back to the brilliance of male colors once out of QT and in a lower-stress / larger environment!) Either color - the fish is a delight, and is gaining weight nicely!

~Bruce

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only had one trigger and that is a Niger. Fantastic personality . Friendly to the two Perculas and Dwarf angel and so far reef safe. Like a puppy loves attention. Used to love being stroked and handled but now becoming nippy. Splashes when he wants to eat and spits water when annoyed or for fun. Sleeps in a hollow rock , cave. Bought him a small 1 " little runt and now 5". I just bought a 60 gallon cube due to his size which should last another year or two!

johnl99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top 5 in order
1. Crosshatch
2.Huma
3.Bluejaw
4.Undulate
5.Rhinecanhus Lunula

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back