What is ypur oldest coral in your reef tank.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!

This same Turbinaria is the centerpiece in my main tank, it is huge (around 50-60 cm in diameter), though not nearly as old as this one - probably only around 7-8 years old.
IMG_1908.jpeg

Nice! I can’t get mine to whorl out for the life of me. It just cups.

OP
OP
H2Oceans

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!

This same Turbinaria is the centerpiece in my main tank, it is huge (around 50-60 cm in diameter), though not nearly as old as this one - probably only around 7-8 years old.
IMG_1908.jpeg
Your tank looks amazing

OP
OP
H2Oceans

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first tank crash this year in 36 years from a tornado lost all my sps colonies and a few older colonies of LPS. But was able to save 60% of stock plus 15 fish I had for a long time . Everything that lived is starting to look better.
20231208_091122.jpg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I can’t get mine to whorl out for the life of me. It just cups.
Thank you! I’m pretty sure it was formed due to the fact we always kept corals right behind it which limited the space available for it to expand any further.

Maybe the same trick some do with montis where the cut a small section to create a whorl would work here too.
Your tank looks amazing
Thank you!

I had my first tank crash this year in 36 years from a tornado lost all my sps colonies and a few older colonies of LPS. But was able to save 60% of stock plus 15 fish I had for a long time . Everything that lived is starting to look better.
20231208_091122.jpg
I’m sorry to hear that, it must have been hard to watch. I’m glad to hear that you are bouncing back from it, for yet another great and successful 36 years of reefing :)

OP
OP
H2Oceans

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’m pretty sure it was formed due to the fact we always kept corals right behind it which limited the space available for it to expand any further.

Maybe the same trick some do with montis where the cut a small section to create a whorl would work here too.

Thank you!

I’m sorry to hear that, it must have been hard to watch. I’m glad to hear that you are bouncing back from it, for yet another great and successful 36 years of reefing :)
Thank you

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back