What light should I use? 40 gal cube

omenemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how to delete a post.. I answered my own question with more research.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We could delete the post, but I'm really curious what light that you decided to go with for your 40g cube!

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

OP
OP
omenemo

omenemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could delete the post, but I'm really curious what light that you decided to go with for your 40g cube!

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
No need to delete. I had posted a question with more detail but then read a bit deeper and was able to figure it out.
The light that came with my aquatop was adequate for fish but not quite adequate for the corals to properly grow and thrive. I researched a bit more about the park that’s required and from that, was able to determine what watt light was good for my corals needs. I was looking at the Nicrew lights because they are more “pocket friendly” and was t sure if the Nicrew hyper reef 100 because it reaches 250 par which will make my softies happy. I was still learning about “par” when I started looking and looked up my specific corals and their par requirements and quickly eliminated the Nicrew 50. It seems to be doing a good job but I’m playing around now with what intensity to set it on.. constantly learning!
Thanks for your interest.. curious of your feedback : )

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My feedback on lighting is to do what works! People have figured out how to do reefing well many different ways. As far as intensity, listen to your corals. They will usually let you know what they want.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back