What? Looks like a large Nudi or some kind of snail?

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sitting here in my office no lights and I glance at my nano tank and I see what looks like a big white spot.... I thought it was some kind of sponge. I put the iPhone light on it and it looks like some kind of shell-less snail but pretty big... I would say 2 inches long and a solid inch wide.

I tried to get some video but its not so good. I did not get the head he went behind a rock. I did see the head and it looked like two antenna were there.

Hopefully someone will be able to to ID from the video but its pretty bad... I will be on the lookout for this guy in the future. He most likely has been in there for sometime and has caused no issues. I would really like to know what it is.

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyclad flatworm perhaps?

I think you nailed it... looked exactly like this pic when I first noticed it. I wonder how long that thing has been in there. Seems to be eating well.

polyclad_hand[1].jpg

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are known predators of things like snails and whatnot -- interesting how it seems to do ya no harm

#reefsquad

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are known predators of things like snails and whatnot -- interesting how it seems to do ya no harm

#reefsquad

I am missing two Turbo snails and my other snail count seems low. I do see my Nassarius snails out and about. I put in a large FrogSpawn the other day I wonder if he came in on that. I did dip it but I watched some videos on YouTube and they apparently can survive some pretty strong dips. I'm going to make a home made trap see if I can catch it. Until then not sure I will sleep...

Last edited:

Michael Cronmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found something similar in my tank recently, but it has little spots all over it. Only saw it for a moment but slipped out of sight... following along.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are people who want these things

ItsAName

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, that's truly amazing that something that big has been living in your tank and has been hiding so well. Even though it's an unwanted worm, finding something like that always fascinates me and keeps this hobby endlessly interesting.

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently standing guard... no sign of him yet. If I cannot grab him tonight I'm going to try the soda bottle trap idea.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sitting here in my office no lights and I glance at my nano tank and I see what looks like a big white spot.... I thought it was some kind of sponge. I put the iPhone light on it and it looks like some kind of shell-less snail but pretty big... I would say 2 inches long and a solid inch wide.

I tried to get some video but its not so good. I did not get the head he went behind a rock. I did see the head and it looked like two antenna were there.

Hopefully someone will be able to to ID from the video but its pretty bad... I will be on the lookout for this guy in the future. He most likely has been in there for sometime and has caused no issues. I would really like to know what it is.

:eek:
I am blown away by how magnificent and creepy that thing is!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back