What mode do you run your Gyre on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pdiehm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
586
Location
Delaware
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tore down the 120 to replace the overflow box. Getting ready to start it back up within the next 3-4 days. Cleaned off my Gyre and got to wondering what mode everyone ran theirs on.

I was running mine on constant during cycle. Got to thinking that maybe I would use pulse mode. Alternating was something I wanted to use, but to do alternating right, you had to have 2 different paddles on it, and either way you would only get half a gyre. Thought about just leaving it at default and run alternating, but that essentially just cleans the paddles, does very very little in reverse.
 
Also do you have the gyre mounted vertically or horizontally?

Trying to figure out if I can mount it vertically on the back with a full coast to coast overflow.
 
The X-150 in my 90g I run on Constant Speed. The X-130 in my 40B I run on alternating. Both of them mounted horizontal.
 
I'm going to try it vertically on alternating mode. My only concern is that the tip of the 150 will be about 1/2" below the overflow box (about 4-4.5") below the water surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new