What Nitrate and Phosphate levels have worked for LPS and Softies?

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is ~4 months old and been nutrient-deficient for the entire time. I thought undetectable No3 and Po4 was just because the new tank cycle was eating it all up. However, I got hit with chrystophytes which proved me wrong--the tank was starving.

To remedy, I began feeding heavier (feeding the fish every day instead of every other day + feeding the corals 2x/week instead of 1x/week). Also, I began dosing No3 and Po4. Currently I am maintaining detectable levels of nitrate at 2-3ppm and phosphate at 0.1ppm.

I only have LPS and softies/polyps right now. However, I would like to try a plating montipora and/or a bird's nest frag once the tank is very stable.

Question: what is the ideal level of nitrates and phosphates for this type of tank in your collective experiences?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have LPS and softies/polyps right now. However, I would like to try a plating montipora and/or a bird's nest frag once the tank is very stable.

Exact the types I have - for the moment - 4 ppm NO3 and 0.08 - 0.1 ppm PO4.

Here is my tank - a couple of weeks ago

Sincerely Lasse

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lasse's tank is a beauty!! Definitely worth imitating.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exact the types I have - for the moment - 4 ppm NO3 and 0.08 - 0.1 ppm PO4.

Here is my tank - a couple of weeks ago

Sincerely Lasse

First of all WOW! I want to tear down my sps tank and just do softies. This must be one of the nicest tank videos I've seen. Also I have a few questions. 1. What type of wavemakers are you using and on what setting? I really want to get the waves like that in my tank. Are your pumps all on the same side or are they synched? 2. What camera are you using and what type of light settings if it is led?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse's tank is a beauty!! Definitely worth imitating.

Thank you

Awesome...how long from start to look this way?

This tank is 4 years old at this moment - but it was rather good after 2 years
Beautiful tank sir

Thank you

First of all WOW! I want to tear down my sps tank and just do softies. This must be one of the nicest tank videos I've seen. Also I have a few questions. 1. What type of wavemakers are you using and on what setting? I really want to get the waves like that in my tank. Are your pumps all on the same side or are they synched? 2. What camera are you using and what type of light settings if it is led?

Thank you

For the moment I use 2 jebao RW-8 with their special WI-FI controller AQLink -S1 adapter. They are hidden in the background and work out in the DT through openings in my constructed background. Since 2 months ago - I also run a small Tunze nano streamer 6040 from the right - also hidden in an artificial rock see here and here

I´m using the best camera for aquarium photography IMO but surprise, surprise - it is a compact camera - an Olympus TG-6

My lights is GHL Mitras lightbar 2

2 pcs deep actinic, 1 pcs actinic and 1 pcs ocean blue

You can follow my tank build here

Sincerely Lasse

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

This tank is 4 years old at this moment - but it was rather good after 2 years

Thank you

Thank you

For the moment I use 2 jebao RW-8 with their special WI-FI controller AQLink -S1 adapter. They are hidden in the background and work out in the DT through openings in my constructed background. Since 2 months ago - I also run a small Tunze nano streamer 6040 from the right - also hidden in an artificial rock see here and here

I´m using the best camera for aquarium photography IMO but surprise, surprise - it is a compact camera - an Olympus TG-6

My lights is GHL Mitras lightbar 2

2 pcs deep actinic, 1 pcs actinic and 1 pcs ocean blue

You can follow my tank build here

Sincerely Lasse

Thank you for the reply. Again, the tank looks awesome.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back