What orange coral is this??

BlackGoldReefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Messages
130
Reaction score
54
Location
Odessa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all. I purchased this coral a few years back and I have not been able to ID this LPS( the orange one in the middle). It’s not an Acan, Bower, or Welso to my knowledge, but I could be wrong. The flesh is thin compared to any of those. I also had well defined separate polyps. I love the coral and me center piece but I would love to know the name or genus. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
IMG_6749.jpeg
 
Looks similar to yours but seems still possibly off. Could just have an unidentified coral. It happens and would be awsome but a unique piece and almost gave me headache lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobophyllia_hemprichii
Thank you Ben. I think you may be correct on the lobo or symphyllia classification. I have asked several reefer friends and LFS and they all had different answers. The link you gave me leads me to believe you are correct. Thanks again.
 
Thank you Ben. I think you may be correct on the lobo or symphyllia classification. I have asked several reefer friends and LFS and they all had different answers. The link you gave me leads me to believe you are correct. Thanks again.
It is a beautiful coral and unique in how it looks.
 
Assuming that’s a Lobo it will sting neighbors. Maybe give more space.
very very nice piece.
 
What a crazy beautiful Lobo. I need one like that, love my orange
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new