What other hobbies do you enjoy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OREGONIC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OREGONIC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Messages
785
Reaction score
1,023
Location
PDX
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

My other big hobby is playing disc golf. I used to play a lot of tournaments but the last few years only have been playing casually with the occasional tournament. I also enjoy sampling good beers mostly ipa's, good greens ;), xbox, camping, shooting guns, and fast cars. I have recently picked up kayak fishing. Then there is my nerdy guilty pleasure hobby of strategy games like magic the gathering and x-wing miniatures.
 
All things on the water, hence my handle. :D I competitively sail at a local club on a J30 and a Laser. I'm also big into fishing. For freshwater, I flyfish and on the salt, I kayak fish and have a small 16' Hobie Power Skiff for when I want to go further out for inshore fishing.

BTW - to the OP and your new interest in kayak fishing. In the Northeast, we troll what's called a Tube & Worm. It's absolutely deadly at catching big striped bass.
 
Last edited:
So far have only fished for trout and catfish. Im in the pacific nw going to try to get a salmon this fall in the kayak. Going to have to look up tube and worm.
 
Deep sea fishing for tuna,yellow tale,dorado
 
I used to have hobbies. Paintball, bird watching, gardening, camping.. now it is all about working a job and working on the house..

What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

My other big hobby is playing disc golf. I used to play a lot of tournaments but the last few years only have been playing casually with the occasional tournament. I also enjoy sampling good beers mostly ipa's, good greens ;), xbox, camping, shooting guns, and fast cars. I have recently picked up kayak fishing. Then there is my nerdy guilty pleasure hobby of strategy games like magic the gathering and x-wing miniatures.

Have not played MtG in years. I still have my "Noetic Scales" Mono-Black Discard Deck somewhere. Big Urza era player/fan. Man that card game is old.
 
Making babies without the baby part.
Building computer, fixing and driving loud cars, paintballing, video games when i have time and just looking at the sky at night while having a beer.
 
Building and repair
8af6ae95a9f82624ffe712427c54d2dc.jpg
 
Camping, horseback riding, gardening, boating, hiking/biking, and running. Plus, I have 4 kids and 3 dogs...busy lady ;)
 
I used to have hobbies. Paintball, bird watching, gardening, camping.. now it is all about working a job and working on the house..



Have not played MtG in years. I still have my "Noetic Scales" Mono-Black Discard Deck somewhere. Big Urza era player/fan. Man that card game is old.

You may be sitting on a gold mine with those older MTG cards, its crazy what some of them are worth. I mostly just play draft and commander, just cant justify to myself spending the money some do on the game.
 
I'm a huge computer gamer. I love all my CSGO, PUBG, mad Max. I brew beer sometimes lol. Mainly my hobby is teaching!
 
Let's see here....drumming, strength training and powerlifting, vintage Gillette DE razors, and saving the best for last...being a Dad.
 
I've been playing paintball lately. I have had fun the three times I went and I want my own gear, but good gear is so costly. If I am going to use a cheap marker I'd rather just rent instead.
 
Playing/collecting basses, will be back on the bike as soon as my collar bone and rotator cuff heal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new