- Joined
- May 29, 2021
- Messages
- 543
- Reaction score
- 244
- Location
- south carolina
- What state or country do you live in
- South Carolina
My daily ph swing is .5+ and I’m not sure if I should take action to reduce the swing. I dose kalk and AFR 24/7 and I use a co2 scrubber.
@Randy Holmes-Farley I know you gave my exact scenario as an example in your article about ph (a swing of 8 - 8.5 is better than a ph that’s stable below 7.9) but is this a less than desirable swing?
Between Kalkwasser (6.5L) and AFR (110ml) I’m dosing basically 3dkh a day which I feel is a bit high… is it because ph is so high it’s just causing precipitation? I’m at the limit for kalkwasser because of my evaporation rate, and the max daily dose of AFR in my tank is 125ml and I’m already at 110ml. I feel like something isn’t right.
- Should I dose kalk only at night to lower swing? Any other tips to lower the swing?
- Does my daily dkh consumption make sense or is it likely a lot of precipitation?
