OP
F

frickenfragger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hesitate to critique your reasoning for that purchase, but someone reading this thread in the future may want to know.

None of the Adobe products outside of Photoshop and Lightroom will be useful for editing photos. Even then, if you know Photoshop and don't mind a few extra steps, Lightroom is redundant. The organization, filtering, and metadata tagging that Lightroom does so well can also be done in Adobe Bridge, which is a free download with Photoshop CS5 or Photoshop CS5 Extended.

If you're interested in flash development, need to create PDFs or webpages, then that's a different story. Otherwise, this sounds like a splurge purchase. Let me explain what I can, and someone with more insight may add on to this. v v v

I bought it because I have always wanted DW for web design and myself and wife will use acrobat and illustrator as well.

OP
OP
F

frickenfragger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you start working with hundreds or thousands of RAW files at a time then you'll appreciate Lightroom. For example, in Lightroom, you can select a batch of images taken in the same location and lighting and correct white balance or rotation based on the the changes you've done of one image. Sure you can apply a Photoshop action to a batch of images using Bridge, but it's just not that dynamic. Of course, if you need to be more granular with the editing, you can open the image in Photoshop from Lightroom.

When you are working with numerous projects/shoots, you'll appreciate Lightroom.

Don't know that I will ever be working with that many images, but I like the ease of lightroom. My plan is to do standard white balance and cropping, photo management, ect. in lightroom, and full editing in photoshop.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why buy when you can get them for free?

Because that would be THEFT, illegal and shouldn't be condoned on any forum!! Paying for software helps support the designers and supports future updates and upgrades to said software. Also, pirated software is usually recongized as such, eventually, cutting off availability to updates and support. Personally, I find it shocking that someone would even suggest this, as a legitimate option, on this forum!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back