What r u all using your breakout boxes for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a number of modules beyond the main unit, so plenty of din sockets for break out boxes. It's all trigger switches - mostly standard floats, but four pressure switches as well. I'm a big fan of redundancy, so I use at least two switches per application. Main ATO uses three, backup ATO uses two, level monitors in the sump, ATO reservoir and AWC buckets are another nine, skimmate container uses two, my dosing containers use five, and so on.

Like the redundant approach. I'm using lots of that with solenoids, heaters, etc, didn't think about the floats as well. Thank you.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, mechanical float/reed switches can and will fail. Also a good idea, IMO, to buy a quality switch. I use the Madison minis.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you point to your source?

Got them off amazon. Madison M8000 full size miniature float switch. I think the name is an oxymoron ...... You can certainly find cheaper ones than $13 per, but I’ve been using them for quite a while and have yet to have one fail. Cannot say that for the other ones I bought all of which got binned.

Avast pressure switches work really well too - have four of them too LOL

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them off amazon. Madison M8000 full size miniature float switch. I think the name is an oxymoron ...... You can certainly find cheaper ones than $13 per, but I’ve been using them for quite a while and have yet to have one fail. Cannot say that for the other ones I bought all of which got binned.

Avast pressure switches work really well too - have four of them too LOL

Madison makes great switches.

I ultimately settled (2) of the M3326 for my next build. One for high level alarm in the sump and one for low level alarm in the sump.

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but what sensors was everyone using with the apex breakout box? Reliability on then?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back