What should a chalice feel like? Or look?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zachtyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zachtyd

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Messages
685
Reaction score
656
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So I scored a HUGE colony of Miami hurricane and was wondering, should it feel soft or is it supposed to feel like hard? Mine feels hard? Also mine is blotchy and I was wondering if it’s okay and maybe just stressed been in the tank for about 5 days now I’ve taken daily pictures

5859158D-7F9F-4AB8-B1E9-445BA06C1503.jpeg D3E9E235-E276-476E-9AF2-B0E841BDF69B.jpeg AFD1CA66-A107-4419-BB7C-D7F73B6A5DE2.jpeg FF7B2AD6-BB21-4743-A923-63C96A4BD6BD.jpeg 207D748D-8923-438F-BCED-582CB52C0C56.jpeg image.jpg
 
It's a large polyp stony coral so it will be hard however I wouldn't touch it often. That chalice colony looks pretty healthy to me.
Sounds good! Hahaha I promise i only did just today as just a soft touch with my finger just because I still have a little 12 year old in me! Haha thank you though I was very curious and hoping it was doing okay still haven’t seen any tentacles though
 
Once the coral is acclimated you should see a feeding response at night. For feeding, one of my favorite mixtures was reef roids mixed with oyster feast. All pumps off and it made a nice cloud that sat over the coral. Also, that chalice can send out some pretty large sweepers so keep an eye on corals close by. Nothing wrong with still having some kid left in us, lol.
 
Once the coral is acclimated you should see a feeding response at night. For feeding, one of my favorite mixtures was reef roids mixed with oyster feast. All pumps off and it made a nice cloud that sat over the coral. Also, that chalice can send out some pretty large sweepers so keep an eye on corals close by. Nothing wrong with still having some kid left in us, lol.
I literally JUST fed it reef roids and mysis haha but it’s actually eating!

image.jpg
 
Looks nice and healthy! Probably tastes salty and feels rough/hard, but tasting/touching/smelling should probably be avoided.
 
Looks nice and healthy! Probably tastes salty and feels rough/hard, but tasting/touching/smelling should probably be avoided.
Roger that;Drool
 
Looks pretty good to me.The edge seems to be a tad irritated though.Possibly from the Duncan sitting underneath it.The Montipora might get stung in the future. That said, if it's a fast grower this might not matter too much.
 
Looks pretty good to me.The edge seems to be a tad irritated though.Possibly from the Duncan sitting underneath it.The Montipora might get stung in the future. That said, if it's a fast grower this might not matter too much.
Yeah the poor monti is on a rock surrounded be GSP AND an anemone haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new