What Should I Do About This?

reeftankdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just glued a Duncan coral to the reef rock. Discovered a golden colored thin cotton like algae on the coral's bone. It is the same color as the bone. Perhaps some kind of shedding? You can see it swaying at the upper center part of the coral. Sorry for the poor image. Thanks all

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you mention it's a little hard to see the 'cotton like algae' though I think I see what you mention. Keep a close eye on this, and I mean every few hours. It's very possible this cotton or jelly will spread rapidly. If you see that happening it'll require action because it is brown jelly disease. Would be good to look into treatment options and start thinking about what you may to to treat it now.

OP
OP
reeftankdude

reeftankdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you mention it's a little hard to see the 'cotton like algae' though I think I see what you mention. Keep a close eye on this, and I mean every few hours. It's very possible this cotton or jelly will spread rapidly. If you see that happening it'll require action because it is brown jelly disease. Would be good to look into treatment options and start thinking about what you may to to treat it now.
I googled that disease and that is not what it looks like. Wish I had a better video. Most likely just some shedding.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell exactly what you're asking about. Can you markup this screenshot and circle the area you're concerned about?
Screenshot_20220811-000137.png

Back