What should I get next?

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not anytime soon but of course I’m thinking of my next fish and doing research.
I have:
2 clownfish
1 6 line wrasse
1 orchid dottyback
CUC
In 50 gallon tank
(10 gallon sump in the works)
I’ll finish my sump project (and it’s a project with my tank) before I get another fish.
I really like my 6 line but will it be ok with other wrasse? I like a couple of the fairy wrasse but I don’t want them to clash. My wife likes “fish that do something” clowns don’t do much and we don’t see much of the dottyback. We had a coral angel which my wife loved but my corals did not so it had to go back to the LFS. Anyway, thanks peeps!

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some mean fish. It’s going to be tricky to add additional fish. I’d consider adding 2-3 smaller fish. Break up the battle. Maybe assessor, and a hawk fish. They might not bother those territorial fish. I also like the above post with a bigger aggressive fish, but they can get picked on too. Maybe even one of the small eels if your tank is set up for it. Cubs win! 3-2 the final.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimensions of your tank might make a difference to a lot of people. 50 gallons could be a common 48x12 tank. It could also be 24x24.This could change opinions.

OP
OP
Jamo7

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimensions of your tank might make a difference to a lot of people. 50 gallons could be a common 48x12 tank. It could also be 24x24.This could change opinions.

See my profile pic. That’s me watching my tank instead of watching the mariners loose.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Nice! Ok. That tank looks cool. Deeper than wider I think. Check out some hawk fish. They sit around, but always out in the open. I had a long nose hawk, but he jumped. Awesome fish.

I’m hoping dan Vogelbomb works for the Mariners. Much love for the M’s.

OP
OP
Jamo7

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Nice! Ok. That tank looks cool. Deeper than wider I think. Check out some hawk fish. They sit around, but always out in the open. I had a long nose hawk, but he jumped. Awesome fish.

I’m hoping dan Vogelbomb works for the Mariners. Much love for the M’s.

Oh dan. He came from your club I believe. He has potential, if he can get out of AAA. Tons of power. And also tons of K’s

OP
OP
Jamo7

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need a referee...

Lots of aggressive fish already. Maybe a good sized lawnmower blenny could hold its own if you have sufficient algae.

Should I ditch some fish? I kind of stumbled upon the crowd I have. I have other local reefers that will house my misfits, if needed.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dan. He came from your club I believe. He has potential, if he can get out of AAA. Tons of power. And also tons of K’s
Yup. He brought us mike Montgomery. Forever known as the man who threw the last pitch in the cubs 2016 World Series win. He’s a baller.

I like vogelbach in the DH. If he can figure out MLB pitching he’s going to bring a high on base despite the strike outs. Might be like Kyle schwarber if he can find that bat. He never had a spot in Chicago with rizzo.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The six line and the dottyback are your biggest problems unless your clowns aren’t percula or occelaris. If they’re maroons it’s a whole other ball game.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back