What should my first invertebrates be?

Stepheng101

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
64
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally got my 40b tank running for about 3 weeks, and reached 5 nitrates. I have a royal gramma in DT, and a clown with 2 new cardinal fish I got tonight in qt. I also have around 1 1/2 sand bed. Feather duster? Nassuarus snails? Some kind of shrimp? Brittle starfish? I would like something easy to take care of. :)
 
I agree, cleaner shrimp would be a good choice. They are decently hardy as far as invertebrates go and they don’t need an established tank. They still should be drip acclimated and you should check the salinity as they are sensitive to sudden increases.

People generally start adding clean up crew early on, but with a light bioload in a new tank they might not have much to eat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new