What Size Bags to Get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KLR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
53
Location
Williamston,NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not bought shipping bags in a while and I forgot what size I had.

So I was wondering what size bags I should get to ship frags in? Also, where is the best place to buy these bags from?

I do not like the extremely tiny bags that hold maybe 1/2 cup of water nor do I like the larger bags that hold 6 or 7 cups of water.
 
I use 3x9 2m bags because I use plastics cups to secure the frags. The cups slide right in and there is no bunching of excess bag material. They are narrow allowing them to be horizontally boxed and maximum amounts of room for squishing in bags! This seems to be the most cost effective method for my shipping procedure..
 
Last edited:
Ok I will use that size as my starting point. Thanks for the quick reply.
 
Does anyone have a recommendation for the "best" place to buy these bags from?
 
I use 3x12 and 4x14 bags from Uline. You have to order one case at a minimum. Or you could try aquabid.com Sometimes you can find someone on there selling smaller quantities. Good luck
 
Look in to hospital "pee" cups. ;) Sounds dumb I know, but frags fit in perfectly. That's what Mstansbery was reffering to I believe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new