What size pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter fernalfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
342
Location
Southington Ct.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm buying a 120 gallon Deep Blue Tank. 48" x24" x24" Ist has dual corner overflows. I will be installing the Trigger systems 36" Ruby for my sump. What recommendations would you give for a return pump. Its been awhile since researching this hobby and i feel a little out of touch. Anyone have any suggestions on a good pump that can move some water for a 120 Gallon tank?


Also suggestions on power heads for inside the tank would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks
 
You didn't mention if you wanted a external pump or internal.
I would recommend something in the 600 gph range.
Sicce Syncra pumps are nice as are Eheims, and Tunze pumps.

I like Tunze and EcoTech pumps for flow inside the tank.
 
I have a tank with the exact size. Currently using 2 Ecotech MP 40s for flow. One on each end with the tidal flow setting. My return pump is a Sicce Synchra Silent 4. When they say silent they mean it. Great pump. I also have a Tunze Turbella for back up which is nice.
 
You didn't mention if you wanted a external pump or internal.
I would recommend something in the 600 gph range.
Sicce Syncra pumps are nice as are Eheims, and Tunze pumps.

I like Tunze and EcoTech pumps for flow inside the tank.


Internal
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new