What size vinyl tubing do I need here?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Eheim 1262 as a back up pump. BRS says the outlet is 3/4” so I bought 3/4” inner diameter braided vinyl tubing to go with it. The pump came with two different Barb attachments, both of them will screw into the output port of the pump. One of them is loose in the 3/4” tubing and the other one is so tight that the outer diameter of the attachment is about the same size as the outer diameter of the 3/4” tubing.
I’m not sure if I should just use the smaller barb attachment loose with some plastic hose clamps, or boil the tubing to make it fit somehow on the larger barb attachment, if that’s even possible with a braided vinyl.

Here is the pump specs:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try heating up your vinyl tubing with near-boiling water, it will slide right on the larger diameter. Should be possible even though it is braided..

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Eheim 1262 as a back up pump. BRS says the outlet is 3/4” so I bought 3/4” inner diameter braided vinyl tubing to go with it. The pump came with two different Barb attachments, both of them will screw into the output port of the pump. One of them is loose in the 3/4” tubing and the other one is so tight that the outer diameter of the attachment is about the same size as the outer diameter of the 3/4” tubing.
I’m not sure if I should just use the smaller barb attachment loose with some plastic hose clamps, or boil the tubing to make it fit somehow on the larger barb attachment, if that’s even possible with a braided vinyl.

Here is the pump specs:

Heat the tubing and use the larger barb.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try heating up your vinyl tubing with near-boiling water, it will slide right on the larger diameter. Should be possible even though it is braided..
Heat the tubing and use the larger barb.
Before I sent this I tried running the end of the tube under the bathroom faucet for awhile as hot as it gets, but it still wouldn’t budge. I’ll try hotter water in the microwave or stove. Thanks.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I sent this I tried running the end of the tube under the bathroom faucet for awhile as hot as it gets, but it still wouldn’t budge. I’ll try hotter water in the microwave or stove. Thanks.
Braided vinyl tubing is very hard to work with IME...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back