What tang foods works well with the Plank feeder?

ieatrainbowgravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this feeder and have stopped feeding frozen. What would be some good foods that will mix well with the reef jerky and play nice with the feeders auger?

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve tried a few different pellets and they all work just fine. I’ve read flakes work fine too but I haven’t done that myself. I use a combination of the Avast food, pellets, freeze dried mysis and a couple of other random foods.

From what I understand, one of the advantages of the Plank is that it is super versatile and should feed just about anything without issues.

OP
OP
ieatrainbowgravel

ieatrainbowgravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried a few different pellets and they all work just fine. I’ve read flakes work fine too but I haven’t done that myself. I use a combination of the Avast food, pellets, freeze dried mysis and a couple of other random foods.

From what I understand, one of the advantages of the Plank is that it is super versatile and should feed just about anything without issues.
Any recommendations, specific to tangs? I don't want to have to manually feed nori and the jerky takes care of the rest of my reef.

Rothric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix in some Hikari seaweed extreme with my Reef Jerky and TDO pellets.

You got me thinking though. I might try taking some nori sheets and chopping them up finely and adding them to the mix in the Plank.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mix in some Hikari seaweed extreme with my Reef Jerky and TDO pellets.

You got me thinking though. I might try taking some nori sheets and chopping them up finely and adding them to the mix in the Plank.

Two Little Fishes makes a diced nori mix.

Any recommendations, specific to tangs? I don't want to have to manually feed nori and the jerky takes care of the rest of my reef.

Hikari makes a seaweed pellet.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back