What tank can work for a mantis shrimp

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found a 45 gallon JBJ aio tank that’s rimless as one of my options I also found a lagoon tank that about 38 gallons. I found both on facebook marketplace could these work
 
Any tank with sufficient filtration will work.

He is an aggressive predator that should be housed alone and feed live stuff. Kind of like watching gladiators in with the lions.
 
So either tank could work just put acrylic on the bottom as a fail safe so he doesn’t break the bottom. Also would you make caves for him or let him make it him self
 
So either tank could work just put acrylic on the bottom as a fail safe so he doesn’t break the bottom. Also would you make caves for him or let him make it him self
Make cave. However, I like substrate as part of biofiltration and they make their own cave entrance. That’s usually where I would see empty snail & hermit crab shells.
 
So either tank could work just put acrylic on the bottom as a fail safe so he doesn’t break the bottom. Also would you make caves for him or let him make it him self

Both. Add some caves, but make sure there's plenty of spaces he can dig under the rock work if he wants.
 
Do you think a lagoon tank could work the dimensions are 35.6 inch long x 23.6 wide by 10.7 inch tall
 
So either tank could work just put acrylic on the bottom as a fail safe so he doesn’t break the bottom. Also would you make caves for him or let him make it him self
Not sure about breaking glass.. Maybe a pistol shrimp, I doubt a mantis shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new