what the heck is my urchin doing????

itselenababe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
335
Reaction score
242
Location
bc
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A3F4297-EDE6-4D81-8235-DFD43FC824BD.jpeg 1245516E-C3B4-49C3-AB19-3271C3BCE5EE.jpeg I was hand feeding mysis to some corals and looked over to it doing this?? It spirals out the top and then dissipates. It’s been 10min since I noticed and it’s still doing it. Will it crash the tank?

Someone please tell me it’s just pooping and I wasn’t arms deep in what I think it is. I’m seriously going to throw up lol
 
Maybe reproduction attempt like stomatella is my guess
 
Spawning, they do that mostly when they are stressed, but they can also do it just for the heck of it.
I once had 24 of them all spawn at once. What a mess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new