What this on my Trochus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter johninja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

johninja

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c5aa1b86-6791-4f2e-878c-9c9e65aefd0e.jpg
5a2d86e5-57ed-42df-97ec-b5d1a1d95dbb.jpg


Tank is a little over 2 months old, and has some red cyano and diatoms.

0/0/1, 1.025, gkh 8.0, mg 1290, ca 365, pho 0.00 (I know), 25C.

2 clowns, 2 Trochus, 2 shrooms, 1 sarco.

This looks new, they were clean when I got them (15 days ago). Looks like a red bubble inside a bird's nest, and the other thing is pink and smaller.
 
Lots of possibilities. Doesn't appear to be the typical hitchhiker.
Could be a zoa or relative?
Hopefully not invasive.
 
Don't believe it's zoa, don't have them in the tank. Shells were perfectly clean when I got these two.
I found a hole in one of the two bubbles after scraping them, looks similar to vermetid, but it's chubby, not a long tube. Scuze my french. I used cyanoacrylate just in case, snail is roaming around without a care in the world now.
 
Looks like it could be some kind of barnacle. Hard to see it very well. Maybe it is like a red uvula or some other macroalgae. Maybe some kind of sponge or tunicate?
 
Looks like it could be some kind of barnacle. Hard to see it very well. Maybe it is like a red uvula or some other macroalgae. Maybe some kind of sponge or tunicate?
Tried to scrape it with xacto, hard as a diamond. Didn't manage to remove it. Snail was ticked so I had to get him back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new