What to do in a power out.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1000w generator for my tank....We had a power outage 2 spring a ago that lasted for a week and a half. The $150 for generator was well worth the money....Didn't have any losses. Plus it was nice to have a fan to cool us off in the 80-90 degree heat....

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to shy away from generators, in a long term power outage gas is very hard to get.

Don't wait for the power to go out to buy your gas. I keep 15 gallons stored for an emergency. That will give me about 50 hours on the generator. Also, some of the bigger places like a truck stop have generators of their own to power the gas pumps.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
florida here as well. when the power goes out i just smile and wait five mine for out slab generator to kick in. then go about my day. we also have a portable 7500 unit as well. if i need to leave for a big storm i can take it and the important tank stuff with me. this way i know i have power no mater were we go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back