What to feed my tank?

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
As I've had more time to watch, see, and fidget with my tank in the last weeks I've also been thinking of how I can make it better!

Tidal gardens on yt preaches amino acids as if they're the best thing in the world but I couldn't find what type he's been using. Trying to find some on my own and there's so many different types, I'm kinda lost.

For frozen foods I've been feeding reef frenzy and my corals eat it, but my clowns wont touch it and my favia barely responds to it. Seems like so much just ends up as tank litter or isn't enough to get feeding response out of my corals. Are there better foods to feed to the corals like reef roids/yellosno?

Only thing I can get my clowns to eat are omega one marine pellets.

Any recommendations for this stuff or your experiences with certain foods would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Rijodan

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additional info:
Tank is a 28g jbj aio

Live stock is 2 small Misbar clowns
Corals:
Several zoa frags
3 chalice corals
Favia
Blastomussa
Green hairy mushroom
Montipora digitata

Main focus for tank is Lps.

Cleanup crew for a 28g from reefcleaners plus some extra hermits and ghost shrimp and some snails had extreme amount of babies.

20200327_181544.jpg

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the clowns eat the pellets, feed them the pellets. How are you feeding LRS that you don't see responses from corals, some won't respond to random broadcast feedings. Some corals eat foods more readily than others. That tank is pretty new looking so I'd be careful about trying to feed too many different things.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back