What to get

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tbird165
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tbird165

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
205
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are good cleaners for fighting diatoms?
20150701_111806.jpeg
 
Cerith snails would be a great choice since they burrow in the sand also a fighting conch or any other sandsifting invert. How old is your tank? Do you check your ro/di tds?
 
You might try sand sifting starfish, emerald crabs, Horseshoe crabs, trochus snails or margarita snails. I would get some seachem phosguard too. Of course how many you would need depends on the size tank you have.
 
I'll see what the store has tomorrow. For now I'll put my hermit crab in the tank to see if he helps. I test the ph , nitrate, and nitrite 2 to 3 times a week. The tanks is between 4 to 5 months. Going to need a bunch for a 46 gal tank. Was looking into getting 6 or so emerald crabs the other day
 
It's a 46 gal bow. Thinking of adding a 10 gal refugium tank and a 10 gal sump tank this week end. Then I was going to look into uv
 
The refugium will help and run the light at night for it not during the day it helps keep your ph the same. I would look in to an 8 watt UV and a small skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new