What to tell post office or w.e when shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter aaronlp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well here's the thing with shipping live stuff... They will not cover it if something happens so the insurance is null and void. When I have shipped stuff I just told them it is corals and extremely fragile. They then stick the "Use this box as a football" stickers on them so they are treated better in the shipping process. I cross my fingers and send the corals on the journey of their life ;)

Honestly though there is no reason to lie to them about it. Just be well aware that no matter what, they will NOT cover the package with insurance even if it was their fault. You take the risk of the shipment and can cross your fingers to see if it gets to the destination in one piece. I think they would treat the package the same whether you said it was live corals, canned fruit, or the family's best vintage moonshine. I have yet to be denied a shipment just because it is something alive...
 
If you are in a hurry sometimes it is easier just to say it's fish. No one questions fish, but I've had carriers ask about the coral. It's just basic curiosity they have, there is nothing wrong or illigal about shipping coral, but sometimes ya just don't want to answer questions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new