What type of Carpet Anemone is this?

Imthatguybrandon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cam across a guy selling this carpet anemone for $40 bucks, want to pick it up but when I asked what type it was he said he wasn't sure. Would anyone know what type of carpet anemone this is?

13.jpg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, haddoni. They need a deep sand bed (ideally 3" or deeper) and they do have a tendency to eat fish, especially in smaller tanks.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed looks like a haddoni. I lost fish to one in my 180g but now have a blue one in a 34g and haven't had a problem. I think fast swimming darty fish and fish that startle easy are more apt to get stung or eaten.
EDIT : The color looks off on that one almost like it's bleaching. All the healthy ones I have seen are dark in color but I'm not an expert so that one may just be a color I haven't seen.

OP
OP
Imthatguybrandon

Imthatguybrandon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply's everyone! I have 50 gallon with 3 clowns, 1 royal gramma and a
yellow watchman pistol shrimp duo with 2 BTA's. Based on what I'm hearing I don't think it would be safe or smart to put that in my tank!

OP
OP
Imthatguybrandon

Imthatguybrandon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed looks like a haddoni. I lost fish to one in my 180g but now have a blue one in a 34g and haven't had a problem. I think fast swimming darty fish and fish that startle easy are more apt to get stung or eaten.
EDIT : The color looks off on that one almost like it's bleaching. All the healthy ones I have seen are dark in color but I'm not an expert so that one may just be a color I haven't seen.
Yea, I did call out the bleachy looking color and he said it was growing fine, it almost felt as if he was deflecting the question.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back