what types of blubs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timmy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Timmy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
slidell
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iam setting up a new 240 reef i have 1 660 icecap in 1 430 icecap ballast and 2 250 watt mh what blubs do you think i should use to make the fish in coral pop
 
The bluer the lights, the more colors tend to jump out. I personally don't like super blue tanks, but you may. If you want blue, then go with some 20ks, maybe Radiums or Ushio. I run 14k Phoenix right now and get nice color from both coral and fish.
 
For the MH I have always liked the 14k Pheonix bulbs, but then again I am not a blue tank type person ether.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new