What unique decor items do you have in your reef?

Rusty_L_Shackleford

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2022
Messages
616
Reaction score
960
Location
North Myrtle Beach
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What non traditional decor items do you have in your tank? I've seen some good ones: My lfs has a skull covered in cyphastrea, ive seen a couple of beer bottles, a diver action figure, and I have a groot with Euphyllia hair.

20251104_164755.jpg
 
With the introduction of 3D printing, there are a lot of shapes that can now be introduced to our tanks.

For me my unusual item was in a freshwater tank, I added a beer can when breeding madtoms, because that has seemingly become one of their defacto preferred breeding "caves" in the wild. I choose a 16 oz can to supersize their home. I found a can that I collected with a dipnet out of local waters so I was able to get trash out of a creek and provided familiar habitat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new