OP
OP
RobertTheNurse

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the UV's only come with barb fittings. To remove it you will want a way to drain all the water if you don't have valves. The Eheim double taps are two valves with a coupling between them so that you can close the valves and break the coupling with only a minimal amount of drip from the water between the valves. You would place them on both the inlet and the outlet. They are great for cannister filters. It looks like you are using Eheim tubing so the double taps would be a nice addition. Need to match your tubing size. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could add a bypass line with a single tap valve so that you could still run the return while pulling the UV. You would need two of the barbed tees that were shown before. Probably more complexity than you need or want.

Eheim Double Tap Quick Release 12/16mm 0.50 inch/0.65in - Marine Depot

Edit: If you don't have one already, I would have a double tap on the inlet line to the cannister as well. Makes cleaning much easier.
Thanks. That helps a lot. You all are great!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back