What would be better lighting?

Dabbin_with_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, hoping to get some insight on my question..
I have a sixty gallon four foot tank, at the moment I have two SB Reef lights above it. I will be going to a seventy five gallon tank very soon to replace it. I have found a decent deal on three AI Sol blues. Would the three Sol blues be better than my two SB Reef lights? I know the sols are an older model and I just bought my SBs about three months ago. Would they perform better than what I have. Is there better color mixing etc etc. Thanks in advance

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Better" lighting mostly has to do with personal preference. So long as any light source has the proper spectrum and sufficient intensity mostly any coral can survive and grow. The big question here is why the change from a 60g to a 75g? That's a lot of work for not a lot of reward IMO.

OP
OP
Dabbin_with_reefs

Dabbin_with_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Better" lighting mostly has to do with personal preference. So long as any light source has the proper spectrum and sufficient intensity mostly any coral can survive and grow. The big question here is why the change from a 60g to a 75g? That's a lot of work for not a lot of reward IMO.
I'll be able to have a refugium. Current set-up is not drilled nor is the stand big enough for a fuge. With the fuge I'll have over a hundred gallons of water volume

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair point. Between the lighting you currently have and the lighting you are looking into, I stand by my first comment, "Better is relevant to opinion."

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back