What wrasse is this ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jorge0912
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jorge0912

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
Messages
800
Reaction score
229
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u ordered a melenurus wrasse and got this wrasse instead idk what it is or how to take care of it

4F705B23-9206-4B05-A1DF-CEF2753AA83D.jpeg 9753FE41-A566-41D3-AE57-4C58EB2A0301.jpeg
 
I agree on that. It looks like a lunare or “lyretail” wrasse. LA advertises this guy getting up to 10” (probably slightly less in our tanks). Rad for a fish-only tank, but I personally wouldn’t risk it in a reef.
 
dang it sucks :/ got wrong one in the order :/ now i don’t know how to catch it or who can I give it to ......
 
It doesn’t seem to be bothering my fish but for a ten inch fish in a 75 gallon it won’t work for ever it is trying to eat my crabs doe
 
Yes I’ll try to take him out I just have to see how very fast fish
 
Fish sold any ideas on how to lure him to catch him
I put a net in tank for a day or so to let him and others get used to it, and then I drop food on all sides of the net. The next day I raise the net closer to the tank's surface and drop food right in front of it, and hope I am faster than the fish is as I try to scoop it out.
Hint: I am usually less than 100 % successful and use this effort as an exercise in patience.
 
Looks pretty big! A fish store here will “rent” you a fish trap. You pay for it initially and if you bring it back they refund you 100%. Any fish stores nearby that you could call?
 
2 hours away a fish store only thing I can do is pray I can catch him with a. New as my tank is super heavily stock with coral or make a diy try with egg crate
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new