What you guys/gals think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gus6464
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gus6464

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2015
Messages
753
Reaction score
384
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's cold right now. My sump is in the garage and it's wrapped with 1 inch of insulation but heater still runs pretty constant at night.

Thinking about switching out my ATI T5 with a 400W MH for the winter and run it at night to heat that sucker up and get some sweet MH light beams happening. Then When the hotness comes after March switch back to T5.
 
Do you keep a back up heater in the DT anywhere? If you go for the switch take it slow and steady.

No I have a 2 heaters in the sump only. If I did the switch I am thinking about going with the quantum dimmable ballast.

This is what I'm thinking since I don't want to drop a boatload on this experiment.

Hamilton Bali Sun pendant
Quantum QT400 dimmable ballast
XM 15K mogul bulb

I can get the XM for cheap right now and I don't like blue tanks so radium and most 20K are out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new