whatcha think about the RR aussie pics?

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=30135
Haven't several of you been to the store?
I recognize 6 or 7 of those color combos as ones I have/had. But I gotta say, 3 or 4 of those I just can't get my eyeballs around it's so blindingly colorful.
don't ya think the 3rd pic in 2nd row looks like a micro?

edit: also, what would they typically sell some of those for? I saw one comment there encouraging them to drop their prices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greystreet41

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currentking, I think you have to go to canada for their stuff. I don't think they ship to the states but I may be wrong. Everyone in that thread asked about pricing so I'd be curious as well. I've got to take better images evidently :). Having time to do so would help. I have about 60ish pieces I could sell.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You just need how to learn how to manipulate photos in PS Casey...

These are not exactly how they look and I have nver seen them. I would like to know what Photoshop process they go through. Dont get me wrong I would say they are close, but PS is used to give them that extra pop.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spoken with RR guys and Jay told me they do use a little more blue on their Aussie lords tank to maintain the colors... they use T-5 lighting for their system... I dunno how many bulbs but atleast half are blues... I don't think it's pure actinic though... Aqua Blue or Blue +.. I forgot... I do plan on checking out their store when I get some time... very very nice guys... :)

prices are fair IMHO... :)

grisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is right... you have to upload and click crisp button .. you can add contrast increase as well

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currentking, I think you have to go to canada for their stuff. I don't think they ship to the states but I may be wrong. Everyone in that thread asked about pricing so I'd be curious as well. I've got to take better images evidently :). Having time to do so would help. I have about 60ish pieces I could sell.
add me too your list please sir

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come to my crib " NO PS aloud " only T5 users :p

jabol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)

:marv
This is just nuts. I have to stop browsing some websites:)

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one comment there encouraging them to drop their prices.

lol...that was me!....it was worth a try!!!! hahah

....one thing with RR...they're expensive as hell for a reason....they get corals no one else can get...and they do it all the time.

Page won't work for me. Pretty awsome, but I can only see them small.

you need to join to see full res.....come to the daaaark siiiiidee!

froze my IE. weird

AquariumPros is optimized for Firefox only

how do you get prices?

give them a call, cross your fingers and hope they're having a good day!

they ship if you can foot the bill...there's a minimum though....so the regular joe reefer can't get the acans this way...you need to talk to some US store willing to do the work...let them hammer it out.....check that fish shop in Michigan...they seem to be buddy-buddy with J&J

I've spoken with RR guys and Jay told me they do use a little more blue on their Aussie lords tank to maintain the colors... they use T-5 lighting for their system... I dunno how many bulbs but atleast half are blues... I don't think it's pure actinic though... Aqua Blue or Blue +.. I forgot... I do plan on checking out their store when I get some time... very very nice guys... :)
prices are fair IMHO... :)

the use 250W MH 20,000K Radiums (very bright and very blue) on the main coral vats (this was about a month or two ago..they may have changed that around..not sure)...lots of the aussies are still housed there......but they also have lots of aussies in the back, under said T5s (and yeah, lots of blue used here too).....their nano-tank...well...dunno about that...i do remember it being pretty heavy on the blue ;)

FWIW, Aussie acans look amazing with above avergae blue supplementation...something close to the 420nm range......that's just my experience....

hmmmm..did someone say 420!?!?!?!!?!?

lol

Zach

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back