Whats a good schooling fish please?

  • Thread starter Thread starter merlberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
155
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is 120 gal and I want a group of fish to school but not sure of what fish. I wanted to try 3 chromis but the more I read on them the more i read they eventually kill each other off n tend to go there on way instead of schooling. Any other ideas please?

Right now in my tank i have a flame angel, valentini puffer, niger trigger, tomato clown, longnose hawkfish and a bristletooth tang.
 
Zebra or scissortail dartfish as well.
 
Anthias, although some types are better about not killing one another off than others. Resplendent, ignitus, and carberryi are good options; those types stay small, are peaceful, and aren't impossible to feed or very expensive. They won't stay together all of the time, but it's beautiful when they do.

I've known several people who had various types of cardinals dwindle in number just like chromis, but I couldn't say whether it was aggression related or the result of lax/absent quarantine, as most friends choose to forgo that step. o_O
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new