What's Happening?!?!

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still building my LED fixture, dreaming of a bigger tank, and going FOWLR. I have the nano cube with a couple of corals and a pair of clowns. I'm letting it mature longer to add more corals and maybe another fish to it. My plan is to go 180 gal RR or the 155 bowfront (if still available) and put a bunch of fish in it. I will have my DIY LEDs over it with a floating canopy housing them and controlled by an Apex. I'm going to run biopellets and a fuge for nutrient controll and maybe throw in a bag of chemipure elite if needed. I want to eventually also get a pair of tunze powerheads and run them through the controller. Patience!!!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some shots of birdsnest I got from dowtish. From when I got them to now. First pic is when they were new green birdsnest on left, red is on right.

newfrags3-17-12.jpg

Heres the green now

sps1.jpg

Red now

sps2.jpg

Pretty happy, see you guys tomorrow

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killer growth Matt! I always thought the pink bird grew faster, but obviously not in YOUR tank.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on a hiatus to get quality equipment to support my reef. I've been guilty of this in the past as well as many reefers. They want to spend tons on livestock and scrimp on equipment. Then loose hope when things go badly. Yes it can be done cheaply but its wayy easier with quality equiptment.

Currently im getting my ro/di (that I had sitting for 1.6 years) setup with a salt mixing station

2ff0ae26.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back