0   0   0
Title says it, whats in the box!
20180507_155947.jpg

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 gal? What other fish do you have? Looks like purple tang and anchils tang? We wanted a gem tang or black but didn’t want to take the risk. Keep us posted, nice tank.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite that big of a tank. That's actually an Achilles Goldrim Hybrid. I have a few wrasses and Helfrichi firefish and a Powder Blue Hybrid as well as a Whitetail Bristletooth. For the price difference I would go with a Gem over a Black, I used to have a black and although they are stunning as well with my tank having a black background I wanted more pop.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish collection. Are you worried about aggression at all? We have a 300gal. We had 6 tangs in three other tanks and bought 5 more for the perfect mix and added all at the same time with several other fish. We took down a 75 reef, 90 fo, and 20 nano. Had 11 tangs total go into the 300.
Naso, regal, powder brown, Caribbean blue, purple, dejardini, yellow, scopa, tomini, blue eyed kole, chevron. In the first month the naso just died for no apparent reason Icould see. The purple chased the scopa all day endlessly, so we pulled the scopa out and put it in a 180gal fish only tank with very large old fish including 10” Sohal. Thank goodness the Sohal didn’t seem to notice! Then at the 6 month mark having 300 up and running the powder brown went ballistic and chasing all the others with three tangs not eating. Took 3 hours to catch the powder brown. He’s still in a 20gal quarantine tank. Put him in the 180 and Sohal immediately tried to kill him. Got him out and back to 20gal for antibiotics due to his large wound from Sohal. Then just 2 weeks ago found my blue eyed kole in really bad shape and tomini missing. Tominin finally came out almost dead. I netted it with one try :( put it in a 5gal tank with antibiotics. Went to LFS that had a few display tanks for sale and bought a new 90 gal cube. Just finished cycling it yesterday and put the tomini in. Who will not come out of cave yet. Will get some fancy clowns and other small fish and then add powder brown who is fully recovered from his wounds. Since removing the powder brown from 300 the Caribbean blue has been chasing the purple a lot too. I may have broken too many tangs rules. Down to 7 tangs in the 300. Everyone else gets along fine. Had the tomini and powder brown in the old 90gal for two years together so hoping the will get along fine again. Spent 2300$ on a penthouse for 2 fish!
We like a wide variety of fish and hard to ones also. The powder brown killed a scribble angel two years ago. Our reef tank is really a fish tank with some corals because I put a few non reef safe fish in this tank. Annularis angel, Valentini puffer, lime green wrasse(marked as melanrus, but I found was not) and red coris wrasse, coral beauty angel. We will turn the 90gal into a true reef with minimal fish and more coral we can’t have in the 300gal.
Please do post a picture when the gem tang goes into your tank. I hope they all do well together and you have better luck than we did. We also added 50lbs of rock and created more hiding space after taking out the powder brown out to help with the aggression. We feed 2x a day and nori 1x/day separately. Told good feeding will help with Fighting. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Best regards, Kindel

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too worried as I will only have 5 total. Powder Blue Hybrid, Achilles, Purple, Gem and the Whitetail. I lost the achilles hybrid a while back when I was making changes. I plan on adding the Achilles, Gem and Whitetail at the same time and also dividing the tank for a few days if needed. I' only slightly concerned about the achilles and PB not getting along.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. Hope you will post again once all are in and settled. Will be a beautiful selection of fish a beautiful tank.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great.

How did you get ahold of Colby? I've tried email, phone, facebook, and here and no response so far.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back