What's in your clean up crew

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a bunch to my crew that consisted of not nearly all it should have. Previously in my 92 gallon I had a dozen or so blue legs a single white hermit 2 emerald crabs 8 or 9 turbos and 4 other larger snails not sure of type and 5 pepermint shrimp. I got my order from live aquaria today that includes
CN-91011 SW - Bumble Bee Snail (BYO Kit)5
CN-91014 SW - Chestnut Turbo Snail (BYO Kit)5
CN-91028 SW - Lettuce Sea Slug, Green (BYO Kit)1
CN-91038 SW - Pincushion Urchin (BYO Kit)1
CN-91039 SW - Porcelain Crab (BYO Kit)2
CN-91050 SW - Sea Cucumber, Atlantic (BYO Kit)1
CN-91084 SW - Nassarius Snail (BYO Kit) - 10 Pack
CN-91085 SW - Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab (BYO Kit) - 12 Pack
CN-91080 SW - Cerith Snail (BYO Kit) - 5 Pack
CN-91083 SW - Astraea Turbo Snail (BYO Kit) - 10 Pack
CN-91088 SW - Dwarf Yellow Tip Hermit Crab (BYO Kit) - 5 Pack
So what do you have in your crew and what do you think I am missing

jrr98002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the size of your tank now but you've got a pretty good variety and amount going for you there. Personally I only have ceriths and nassarius but I also have no algae issues as I keep on top of nutrient export, so I just ones to keep my sand clean and tidy.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220g tank and have 5 Turbo Snails. Thats it.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This brings a great question for a newb like me, as it seems that the majority of the established tanks that I see here don't appear to have many "clean up crew" in their tanks at all. Is this a process of water conditions/quality etc? In other words if you have "ideal" parameters do you even need much in the way of a "clean up crew."?

carol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my rsm 130 i have 3 turbo snails 3 tiny hermits and 2 diamond gobys. In my new 90 gallon i have 6 turbo snails and 9 small hermits. Plus i just added a diamond goby. I love my diamond goby's more than any other clean up crew member!. They kep my sand white, they peck at the rocks all day too. And they have tons of personality to boot!

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This brings a great question for a newb like me, as it seems that the majority of the established tanks that I see here don't appear to have many "clean up crew" in their tanks at all. Is this a process of water conditions/quality etc? In other words if you have "ideal" parameters do you even need much in the way of a "clean up crew."?
Correct. If water params are in order, you don't need a large crew, they will only starve out anyways.

OP
OP
B

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an over feeder so they all get to eat and I still have 0 nitrates and phosphates

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in my crew? Snails, only snails. I don't trust crabs thought they are fun to watch. I should be recieving an order from Reef Cleaners in the next day or so to bolster my crew. So I'll be working with the usual Dwarf Ceriths, Nassarius, Ceriths, and Nerites. I also have a few Stomatella in the tank, they are my all time favorite snail. Not sure about their cleaning power but I love to watch them crawl around, really cool and really fast moving compared to the other snails. Wish I had more of them.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back