Whats my favia doing?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats that huge bubble on my favia lol

IMG_1558.jpeg IMG_1557.jpeg IMG_1554.jpeg IMG_1553.jpeg IMG_1552.jpeg
 
I’ve seen bouncing favia before, but never this large! Hopefully it isnt something bad, but to me it looks like its bouncing.
 
That looks like it could be stress related. Too much light, water chemistry swings or even an injury can cause these masses. From what I've seen/read sometimes they resolve on their own.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new