Whats on my acro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter X-37B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Messages
14,862
Reaction score
25,764
Location
The Outer Limits
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 wild acros that have this blue slime growing around the base. I remove the coral and scrub it off. It has not came back on 1 but just showed up again on the last one I cleaned a few weeks ago.
The isssue is if I leave it it eats the acro from the base.
It comes off easy and is slimey.
Anyone know what this is?
It showed up a year after the corals were put in the system.
It does not seem to effect any others.
Pic with flasjilght so you can see the blue around the base.
This coral had growth down to the base. Coralline has covered the area I scraped. Zoom in on the base. At first I thought sponge but its not like any sponge I have seen.
20261005_064657.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sure looks like a sponge. I believe I see Osculum.
Superglue would probably stop in it is tracks.
 
So do sponge encroach on coral? Never had that before. It kills the coral slowly growimg up the stalk of the said coral.
When removed its like slime from an acro.
I will clean again and apply some putty and try to seal it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new