What's on this blasto?

monarchckey88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2025
Messages
62
Reaction score
21
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blastomussa frag is in QT at the moment. I can't identify what's going on with the one head that isn't opening. It has a few brown looking strings coming off of it. Any ideas? Red arrows are pointing at it.

Separately, can you confirm this is aiptasia (blue arrow)? I see only one polyp on this frag at the moment but would prefer to not introduce it into my DT. any suggestions on how to proceed?

I have a few other frags in QT with this one at the moment.

PXL_20260107_003725913.MP~3.jpg PXL_20260106_021133723~2.jpg
 
that head is already dead and has some algae or dinos growing on it. the whole piece isnt in great shape though and looks on its way out.
yes that is aiptasia
 
you can definitely still save it just gotta find the root of the problem first
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new