Whats the biggest coral that you have shipped

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or had shipped to you? I may have to ship a chalice that is about the size of a dinner plate.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An acropora colony about 12" the size of a basketball after all the branches. I shipped it in a standard size shipment box 20x20x16 ish with is floating upside down on a piece of styro. Needles to say it arrived undamaged and perfect. It was 2 years ago.

Any pics of this chalice you are shipping out??? :)

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an 8in acan shipped to me with no issues. They just used a larger bag(triple bagged of course). I would say the one issue you might have is finding a way to keep the coral submerged at all times which might be hard to do if the package is placed on its side....S'pose you could have a minimal amount of air in the bag which might help.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An acropora colony about 12" the size of a basketball after all the branches. I shipped it in a standard size shipment box 20x20x16 ish with is floating upside down on a piece of styro. Needles to say it arrived undamaged and perfect. It was 2 years ago.

Any pics of this chalice you are shipping out??? :)
Wow that is a pretty friggin large acro!! Unfortunately no pics, its in a friends tank I'm helping break down. It's a tyree desert plate chalice with about 40 eyes on it.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an 8in acan shipped to me with no issues. They just used a larger bag(triple bagged of course). I would say the one issue you might have is finding a way to keep the coral submerged at all times which might be hard to do if the package is placed on its side....S'pose you could have a minimal amount of air in the bag which might help.
That is something to consider, keeping it submerged. It may be easier that this a pretty flat piece.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have not seen that chalice around very often, it's not a stunner, but it's very pretty.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back