Plate Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this plate coral on a frag plug that I picked up cheap. It's not a plate coral that has polyps, so not sure what kind of plate coral this is.

I have a plate coral that's round and has a mouth on top in my existing system, so I'm not familiar with this one that the LFS fragged and selling as multiple 'chips'

I snipped the frag plug out, but unfortunately the plate coral broke in half, but it looks it's recovering.

Reaching out here for information on what type of Plate coral this is and what I can expect as it grows: shape and size.

Thanks

Plate.jpg
 
Cycloseris fragilis

Also, all corals have polyps; sometimes you just can't see them or the mouth is on the split edge of the plate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new