What's the one fish you regretted buying the most?

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh all of our fish have silly names! That is part of the fun for us!
I might be guilty of doing the same thing..I have Goldfinger, Mr. Krabs, Mini-Me, Fiji Girl, Laura, and Bruce lol

oh, and a hermit crab named Boss Hogg!

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Royal Grama, [friendly my butt], that has been a tank terror for 3 weeks. I have 2 Purple Firefish, before I had the Grama [stalker] and that darn fish is torturing those 2 twins. They have a cave inside one of my rock columns and that Grama will sneek around both sides or down the top whenever they attempt to come out .

So this evening, while all are sleeping, I placed a net on top of one tear which is below my baster's normal feeding spot. I'm praying, while it is distracted eating, after no feeding all day today. I'll quickly raise the net, trapping her. I tried this a few days ago, but I caught my large Clown instead.

My backup plan, I ordered a fish trap 3 days ago. I have to save the twins or they will die inside that column. Then I'll have even bigger problems

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Royal Grama, [friendly my butt], that has been a tank terror for 3 weeks. I have 2 Purple Firefish, before I had the Grama [stalker] and that darn fish is torturing those 2 twins. They have a cave inside one of my rock columns and that Grama will sneek around both sides or down the top whenever they attempt to come out .

So this evening, while all are sleeping, I placed a net on top of one tear which is below my baster's normal feeding spot. I'm praying, while it is distracted eating, after no feeding all day today. I'll quickly raise the net, trapping her. I tried this a few days ago, but I caught my large Clown instead.

My backup plan, I ordered a fish trap 3 days ago. I have to save the twins or they will die inside that column. Then I'll have even bigger problems
Unfortunately they are similar body styles and color that's probably the problem there. Good luck trying to catch him.

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple dottyback and hawkfish, hawkfish i returned the same day as it wiped out all my inverts overnight pretty much. The dottyback was a model citizen until around the 9 month mark of owning it, now it picks on some other fish in the tank. Its about to go as well once i catch it.

William Morris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had the same experience with a RG - I eventually had enough and tore my entire tank apart to get him out.
Now I'm reliving it to a degree with a neon dottyback.
HOWEVER - there is good news with these new fish traps.
I have one on the way and can't wait to get the little darling out of my sight.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump this one back up. Good discussion!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back