• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

What's the point of selecting your delivery date?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some stuff during your anniversary sale. Since I wanted some cut to order stuff I had to select a delivery date 2 weeks later. So I did and fast forward two+ weeks later I expect to get a tracking number the day before and nothing. It's my delivery date and still nothing. I call and the person who looks up my order goes to "check" on the corals and asks if I want them shipped out for tomorrow.

What's the point of choosing your delivery date if you are not going to ship out for that date and I have to call for you to actually check on my order and ship it out?

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same thing going on right now. I kind of expected an e-mail if it wouldn't be ready by the ship date, which I put out 3 weeks in the future. Maybe I need to call! (Hopefully they won't send me the tiny frags now...lol)

Last edited:

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's why it's so much simpler to put wsiwyg frags up . People want to see it to begin with , and you can check out and have it be ready to be shipped that day . Sadly they have moved away from that . In the end the idea is to sell frags right .I get the idea but how about ya just cut 3 frags and when they are healed you put them on the website .

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who did you order from? I have had nothing but great experience from Cherry corals, wassup Todd!
And I am putting an order in with AquaSD at the moment whom I have dealt with in the past with positive vibes from both.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who did you order from? I have had nothing but great experience from Cherry corals, wassup Todd!
And I am putting an order in with AquaSD at the moment whom I have dealt with in the past with positive vibes from both.
I've never had that happen except for a live sale once. Hundreds of ship outs, honest mistake.
I would be worried that since you ordered a cut piece...did they get and cut the order 2 weeks ago or when you called...

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Just noticed the vendor up top as it was in the mobile front page and Didn't show at time of reply.
Whoops

lviva003

Just Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue.... i have even left a review with no responses... don't deal with these people

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with UC has been the exact opposite. I recently ordered several frags on a Saturday night and during checkout I forgot to put a delivery date. First thing Monday morning I had an email asking when I wanted the order shipped. I asked for Wed. and on Thursday everything arrived in great shape. The corals themselves are gorgeous. I would not hesitate to order again and prior to viewing this thread I was looking to make another order.

Not a great pic but you get the idea. This was just after acclimation and being placed in the tank. Everything has opened and doing very well.
frag1.jpg

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not ordered from UC in quite a while.....back when Scott was in. I called and spoke with him personally, told him what I was looking for and order secured over the phone. It was a very personalized experience and the fact that as a customer I could call and he looked for something that was not posted on-line......incredible. Hopefully this level of customer service remains!

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi:
Sorry you had to wait on that. Our admin person usually personally calls the customer to get a confirmation on the delivery date. Since they are sensitive animals we like to make sure someone is receiving them in good order. Also, if the animal experienced any changes in condition, we would inform the customer also at that time. Sometimes the animal is not yet ready, so we take a couple of extra days on shipping to make sure.
Hope you experience was a good one over all! And don't hesitate to reach our customer service any time at [email protected] or call the phone number on the website, we always pick up during business hours.
Happy reefing =)
I ordered some stuff during your anniversary sale. Since I wanted some cut to order stuff I had to select a delivery date 2 weeks later. So I did and fast forward two+ weeks later I expect to get a tracking number the day before and nothing. It's my delivery date and still nothing. I call and the person who looks up my order goes to "check" on the corals and asks if I want them shipped out for tomorrow.

What's the point of choosing your delivery date if you are not going to ship out for that date and I have to call for you to actually check on my order and ship it out?

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi McMullen:

You can still do that! In fact Joseph Caparatta will pick the coral himself for concierge services.
Or, ask for Melvin, our coral guru. When you email [email protected] you'll get Donna, and can ask for anything you need to see if it's in stock. We have tens of thousands of pieces in inventory, and we only let healthy and colorful coral leave our facility.

thanks for dropping in, and hope to see you again soon!

I've not ordered from UC in quite a while.....back when Scott was in. I called and spoke with him personally, told him what I was looking for and order secured over the phone. It was a very personalized experience and the fact that as a customer I could call and he looked for something that was not posted on-line......incredible. Hopefully this level of customer service remains!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back