Whats the problem with this favite

  • Thread starter Thread starter Georgio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Georgio

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned this for 8 weeks It has recently started receding around the edges progressing inwards and inbetween the walls it has what looks like bulging tissue? I recently also notice these long black stringy things coming from a few mouths,
It has been feeding well despite the issue. I also have the same problem with a war coral which I introduced 3week ago
My perimeter are spot on although my phosphate are a little high 0.05
Please help
image.jpeg
 
Hard to tell for sure, maybe some kind of pest came in on the war coral
 
When I see this, it's usually low Alk 7 or lower. Try for 10. I also had a problem with anthropodes eating the edges. Look in, with flashlight after lights been out for around 4 hours, See if anything is eating it.
 
Had similar issue due to high Phosphate and I made the following:
Did some weekly water changes.
I don't have reactors but I went with Chemi pure elite.
 
Lfs told me the cause could be that I'm using carbon in my canister filter and to try removing it I always thought carbon was a good thing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new